CJ Wang has been with Vermont Tech as a faculty since 2012. He is very passionate about teaching and quick to respond to his students’ emails. He has taught many courses, including C Programming, Operating Systems, Software Engineering, Senior Project, Advanced Web Design, Computer architecture, Computer organization, Object-Oriented Programming, Advanced System Administration, and Introduction to Java Programming.
Prior to pursuing his Ph.D. at Auburn University, he co-founded a high tech company in China and worked for it as Chief Software Engineer developing software for telecom products for over 12 years. The products he developed were certified by Nortel Networks and SIEMENS and won many contracts. He was awarded Outstanding Reviewer by the Journal of Computers & Electrical Engineering in 2014. As a reviewer, he has done reviews for many journals and conferences, including Parallel Computing- Elsevier, Computers & Electrical Engineering- Elsevier, The International Conference on Information Technology, The International Conference on Computing, Communications and Networking Technologies, and The International Symposium on Digital Forensics and Security.
- C. Wang and S. Baskiyar, “Extending flash lifetime in secondary storage,” Microprocessors and Microsystems, pp. 167-180, vol. 39, Elsevier, 2015.
- S. Baskiyar and C. Wang, "Split Disk-Cache Architecture to Reduce Read Miss Ratio," in Parallel and Distributed Computing and Networks (PDCN 2010), Innsbruck, Austria, Feb, 2010.
- C. Liu, X. Qin, S. Kulkarni, C. Wang, S. Li, A. Manzanares, and S. Baskiyar, “Distributed energy-efficient scheduling for data-intensive applications with deadline constraints on data grids,” Proc. 27th IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference (IPCCC), Dec. 2008.
- C. Liu, S. Baskiyar, and C. Wang, “A distributed peer to peer grid scheduler,” Proceeding of the 18th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing and Systems (PDCS), Dallas Nov. 2006.
- S. Baskiyar, and C. Wang, “A method and apparatus for a second channel between cache and memory,” United States patent pending, Nov. 2006.
- J.Pang, C. Chen, C. Wang, Y. Wang, and Y. Shu, "HT-7 Machine Control System," IEEE Transaction on Nuclear Science, Vol. 41, No.1, February 1994.
Doug is a seasoned veteran in the renewable energy field with more than ten years of project management, design, and sales experience. Doug founded and manages a successful solar installation company in Central Vermont and is a NABCEP certified installer. His other interests include hiking, mountains, reading, music, and sustainable development.